At ETM Electrical Test Midlands, we recognise that we all have mental health and that this is just as important as our physical health. We know that mental health issues can affect anyone at some point during their lives and we also understand how difficult and isolating this can be. We want all our employees to be healthy and happy at work and we are therefore committing to making a real difference on mental health by creating an open, supportive working environment; equipping people with the knowledge and practical tools to recognise and respond to mental illness triggers and symptoms in themselves and others; tackling where possible the root causes of stress, anxiety and depression in the
workplace; and enabling people to build their resilience to ultimately keep them mentally and physically safe
- 1 in 4 British workers are affected by conditions like anxiety, depression and stress every year.
- 9 out of 10 people who experience mental health problems say they face stigma and discrimination as a result.
- 60% of people say that stigma and discrimination are as damaging, or more damaging, than the symptoms of their mental health problem and 54% percent of people say they are impacted most by such stigma in their place of work.
Poor mental health can have a significant cost to your business:
- Every year a cost of between £33 billion and £42 billion is incurred by employers as a result of poor mental health.
- Mental ill-health is the leading cause of sickness absence in the UK, costing an average of £1,035 per employee per year.
- 300,000 people leave their place of work each year due to poor mental health.
Mental health and wellbeing
If you're feeling stressed, anxious or depressed, or just want to feel happier, we're here to help.
There's separate information on where to get urgent help for mental health.
How are you feeling?
Help with stress, anxiety or depression
Help with other common feelings
I'm not sure how I feel
More self-help and support
Your mental wellbeing
Improve low mood
- 10 stress busters
- Breathing exercise for stress
- Easy time-management tips
- How to cope with money worries
Mental health at work
Therapy and counselling
Talking therapies and counselling
- Types of talking therapies
- Benefits of talking therapy
- Self-help therapies
- Can I get free therapy or counselling?
Helplines and support groups
- Mental health helplines
- Depression support groups
- Mental health issues if you're gay, lesbian, bisexual or trans
- Loneliness in older people
- Loneliness in the elderly: how to help
Support for children and young people
Children's mental health
- Talking to children about feelings
- Depression in children and teenagers
- Anxiety in children
- Dealing with child anger
- Children and bereavement
Teen mental health
- Worried about your teenager?
- Talking to your teenager
- Teen aggression and arguments
- Coping with your teenager
- Bereavement and young people
Student mental health
- Counselling for student mental health problems
- Student stress: self-help tips
- Tips on surviving exams
- Help your child beat exam stress
Electrical Test Midlands support MIND See link below